Welcome to Panachallenge!
If you are already a member, Click Here to Log In.

t t rss cal
    Home   ·   Rules   ·   Mugshots   ·   Challenges   ·   Stats   ·   Forums   ·   Help Register    

Panachallenge #215 Rhapsody in Blue (opens 4th of April)
(You MUST log in to be able to make comments in the forum.)
      Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Challenge Talk
       Go to Page 
 Author        Message (14 posts) Next Page >>
mrsawyer

1571 posts

[1 of 14]  Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019, 17:43 (204 days ago)
Modified: Thu Apr 4, 2019, 20:12 (197 days ago)

Panachallenge #215 Rhapsody in Blue is underway.
"Picasso had his "Blue Period" - now it's your turn. Your shot could be blue all over or have just a single stand-out element, or anything in between, but the idea of 'blue' should be prominent in the viewer's mind. For this challenge, if you've got the blues, it's a good thing! As usual, post-processing info will be hidden until after voting, and use of multiple exposures should be declared in the Extra Info section."

Entry period: Thu 4 Apr through Thu 25 Apr 23:59:59 UTC
Voting: Fri 26 Apr through Mon 29 Apr 23:59:59 UTC

You may submit entries taken with a Panasonic Lumix (and their Leica cousins) digital camera to the main category, and/or you may submit entries taken with any digital camera to the open category. The theme applies to both categories.

Your photo for either category must be taken during the entry period, starting Thu 4 Apr.

For more info, go to http://www.panachallenge.com/challenge?challenge=257&f=f
Rules: http://www.panachallenge.com/challenge/rules.php?f=f

Good luck!

* The challenge description was amended during the pre-announcement period as suggested.

aoc46

152 posts

[2 of 14]  Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019, 20:13 (203 days ago)

To head off potential questions, let's revise the second sentence as follows:
"Your shot could be blue all over, have just a single stand-out blue element, or anything in between, but the idea of 'blue' should be prominent in the viewer's mind."

johncomyn

253 posts

[3 of 14]  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019, 22:49 (190 days ago)
Modified: Wed Apr 10, 2019, 22:52 (190 days ago)

So I'm guessing a blue mood would qualify? Since you say if you got the blues?

As in sad, or depressed?

mrsawyer

1571 posts

[4 of 14]  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019, 02:41 (190 days ago)

JohnC -

The description says, "... Your shot could be blue all over or have just a single stand-out element, or anything in between, but the idea of 'blue' should be prominent in the viewer's mind..." So, if you can capture somberness, and adhere to this description, so much the better.
Hopefully, aoc46 will chime in here.

aoc46

152 posts

[5 of 14]  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019, 12:39 (190 days ago)

My intention was that the color blue should figure prominently.

SteveBee

545 posts

[6 of 14]  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019, 13:49 (190 days ago)

So a blue-toned image of a blue mood, or anything else for that matter, would be within the spirit of the challenge ?

aoc46

152 posts

[7 of 14]  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019, 16:27 (190 days ago)

SteveBee-

"So a blue-toned image of a blue mood, or anything else for that matter..." seems to imply that the image MUST be blue-toned; that's not what was intended. It could be blue-toned, of course, but one or more strong blue elements that stand out is also a suitable choice - for example, a single blue robin's egg in a basket of brownish quail eggs. (Hope that didn't just spoil someone else's idea!)

Or, yesterday I saw about a half-dozen sports coaches gathered in a hotel lounge, all wearing identical blue team shirts, in contrast to the motley colors on the furniture, decor and other patrons. That would have been my entry, if only I'd had a camera with me!

Hope that helps.

johncomyn

253 posts

[8 of 14]  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019, 20:07 (190 days ago)

What about blue toned monochrome, with a blue mood? I think the description does not rule this out. And I also believe that most posters don't read the forum.

aoc46

152 posts

[9 of 14]  Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019, 01:36 (189 days ago)

JohnComyn -

"...blue toned monochrome, with a blue mood..." would be just fine.

I agree about the forum, and I wish the revision I suggested here had been incorporated into the final definition. Perhaps another way of expressing what I had in mind would be:
"If you were to show your image to several people and ask later what color they most remember, you should expect 'blue' to be the most popular answer." As long as it meets that test, whatever else is or isn't included doesn't matter.

mrsawyer

1571 posts

[10 of 14]  Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019, 22:32 (188 days ago)
Modified: Fri Apr 12, 2019, 22:33 (188 days ago)

aoc46 wrote:

"...and I wish the revision I suggested here had been incorporated into the final definition..."

I only saw one suggestion for revision and included it. What suggestion did I miss?

Next Page >>

Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Challenge Talk
       Go to Page 
    Comments? Suggestions? Problems? Click here!       Disclaimer