Welcome to Panachallenge!
If you are already a member, Click Here to Log In.

t t rss cal
    Home   ·   Rules   ·   Mugshots   ·   Challenges   ·   Stats   ·   Forums   ·   Help Register    

How clean does that lens have to be?
(You MUST log in to be able to make comments in the forum.)
      Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Tips

Author        Message (3 posts)
ambaker

62 posts

[1 of 3]  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:01 (2106 days ago)

Some people are obsessive about keeping a lens spotless, others not so much.

As one of the former, most of my cameras have a cleaning cloth holder attached.

A couple of years ago I stumbled across this article at Lens Rentals dot com. I was amazed. As fate would have it, shortly after I damaged a lens, and can verify the article is accurate. Though I would prefer of have a pristine lens, it is still useable.

Lens Rentals Article

Disclaimer: I do not work for, or have any business relationship with Lens Rentals.

mrsawyer

1562 posts

[2 of 3]  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 (2106 days ago)
Modified: Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:42 (2106 days ago)

Interesting! Amazing that such a damaged lens can produce those pictures. I'll never clean my lens again!

Thanks for the post Ambaker.

Jade O.

1070 posts

[3 of 3]  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013, 16:53 (2105 days ago)

One commented, "Lens Filters Help, the filters are not to protect against major failure. If your front element is going to receive a sharp blow, your lens is going to be history. Filters protect against minor scratches due to small knocks or heavy cleaning, finger marks, dust and rain. Using one means you seldom have to clean the front element of the lens itself."

The first thing I do is buy a filter - cheap insurance and if you replace it, it is like having a new lens.

Panachallenge Forum -> PanaChallenge -> Tips

Comments? Suggestions? Problems? Click here!       Disclaimer